here today. I want to share with you a vest that I altered...
using a water soluble pen, needle, thread and...
round buttons and star buttons.
I had just been watching Gardeners World and Monty Don had been 'broadcasting' some wild flower seeds. I picked up the buttons I wanted to use and 'broadcast' them - read threw them in vaguely the right direction. The idea was to get a truly random scattering of buttons but just down one strap and on to the chest.
Under each button I made a little mark with my water soluble fabric pen - an x, a 1, a 2, and a dot to identify which type of button was to go where. Then I stitched them in to place. It did take a while but I'm pleased with the result...
(Please excuse the body... it's the only one I have! And I apologise for the lack of head on said body... I'm unable to have a photo taken without pulling silly faces!!)
If you'd like to try you can find the buttons I used here, here
, and here
or have a peek at all the buttons Crafty Ribbons stock here
Bye for now!