Monday 21 October 2013

Christmas Owl Lavender Pouches

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are well! Its Elaine here and I am here to show you one of my Christmas gift ideas using Crafty Ribbons 'Christmas Owl' collection paired with some felt and cotton, and some dried lavender. They are simple (and cheap!) to make and smell divine! I chose cotton and felt to colour match the ribbons I used and cut these into squares. This is a particularly good project for making use of fabric offcuts you may have in your stash. I chose Papermania 'Festive' fabrics as these go really well with the ribbons. I started by sewing my ribbon on the front panel of my pouches with the sewing machine with a simple straight stitch. Next I placed the front panel wrong side against the felt and sewed with zigzag stitch around the pouches leaving a small gap at the top to pull the pouches right way out. Make sure you poke the corners out with a pen or your finger. Then I filled with dried lavender and hand stitched the opening closed.
I hope you like them! 
xxx

3 comments:

janieworkum said...

Wat is dit beeldschoon
groetjes janie

Irene said...

Cuter than cute and no doubt with a lovely smell!!!! Some Christmas-scent (cinnamon etc.) would be great too!!!!

xx Irene

carol said...

ooh Elaine these look super what a fab idea x carol