Saturday 30 December 2017

Ribbon Weaving

Hello Folks, Laura here today.

Back in September, I shared a woven clipboard with you.  I had a few ideas for other ways to use this Mad Weave in my crafting.


I made a few hexagon templates a little larger than twice the width of my ribbon and set about weaving around them.  Again you can watch a video of the weaving instructions here as it is much easier to watch than to read if you see what I mean.


I used super strong sticky tape on the backs of the hexagon to secure the ribbons in place.  I then had three tiles of woven ribbon.  My original plan was to use these as embellishments on a scrapbook layout but when I saw them I thought a card would be a good use of them too.


I use a square card blank and added a sentiment stamped and embossed on vellum and pinned to one of the hexagons.

I've used 9mm satin ribbons available here.

Thanks for looking, I hope you have all had a Happy Christmas and wish you all a Happy New Year!
Laura

No comments: