Friday 16 December 2016

Christmas Canvas Shopping Bag


Hey Folks, Laura here sharing my last project before Christmas.  I bought a plain canvas bag and have used goodies from the Santa's Grotto range to decorate it.


I have used super sticky double sided tape to attach my ribbons.  This is a strong enough adhesive to put up with bad weather whilst out shopping, and the rough and tumbles of the festive world.  Alternatively, you could sew the ribbon on.  The bag could also be used as a gift bag or a stocking-of-sorts.


I've layered up my ribbons to give a nice wide band of decoration.  The cut ends of the ribbon are neatly hidden by the Santa and Snowman motif.  Before cutting the central motif I painted the back of the ribbon with matte medium.  This stops any fraying and stiffens it up making it much easier to cut.  I added two little heart buttons with gold thread for the finishing touch.


Here are links to the products I have used:
Santa's Grotto Badges
Santa's Grotto Santa
Happy Christmas in willow
Heart Buttons

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: