Monday 6 March 2017

Holiday Fund ~ Money Box


Hi Guys, Laura back today to share a money box made using an old dominoes box and the By The Sea ribbons.


First off I whittled a coin sized hole in the wood.  It was easy enough to do with a craft knife as the wood was very soft.  To prepare my wooden box to accept paint I used a watercolour ground.  Once that was dry I played around with some turquoise and brown watercolour paints, flicking and splattering until my desk was messy and my heart was happy!


I added some of the lighthouse ribbon to either side and wrapped some seaside ribbon around the box.  I added some hand lettering to the front and a few sequins for extra sparkle.


It's easy to get the money out as the front panel slides out.  I wonder if it will help with my savings..?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: