Wednesday 10 January 2018

Good Times

Hi, Sarah (ManxyCatCrafts) here today with a layout featuring the cute Wellie ribbon from the Summer Festival collection.

I started my layout by creating the background on black cardstock. I used a cloud stencil and texture paste which went well with my photo and the chosen ribbon. I painted the clouds in colours that matched my patterned papers and embellishments.


I used a black and white photo for contrast as I knew my background, papers and ribbon were very colourful.

My photo was matted onto black cardstock to help it pop and then I added lots of paper layers behind it, using wider pieces towards the bottom to help ground it and make the most of my ribbon.


To add some more interest I added some cute stickers from a matching sticker sheet around my paper cluster and some chipboard stars.


My title was added to the top opposite corner and grounded on more papers and ribbon.


The final touch was to add lots of splashes of ink sprays for a fun messy finish.
You can check out the video here https://youtu.be/4wUJ5sPeJeU


Don't forget to create your own crafty project and enter it into the Crafty Ribbons competition over on Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by and have a Crafty day :)

Sarah

No comments: