Sunday 28 April 2019

Anchor | Altered Art Project

Sarah here today with an altered art anchor.

I love nautical themed crafts and there are some amazing ribbons over in the shop which are perfect for sun sea and sand projects.

To give my anchor a base for lots of embellishments and paint I gave it a couple of base coats of gesso.
I added nautical themed embellishments, stones and netting followed by some lovely pearly paints.


As it was quite pale and shimmery I added some darker inks to add depth and highlight the embellishments.

I created a paper cluster on a shutter and created a visual triangle around it using flowers and gems.


I added a cute bow and tail to the anchor in thin striped ribbon and draped white eyelash ribbon all around the project.

For more details you can check out my process video here.


Thanks for joining me and have a Happy Crafty Day :)

Sarah
ManxyCatCrafts




No comments: