Wednesday 18 September 2019

Happy Day | Scrapbook Layout

Sarah here today with a scrapbook layout featuring the Colour your Days - Maths ribbon.

I knew I wanted to save this ribbon for my boys first day at school, it works perfectly as the rainbow colour would work with any uniform colour combo. I created a montage of photos as he wouldn't stand still and smile nicely for one good shot!


The colour scheme I chose was black red and white with a hint of yellow to match the school badge. I used black card stock and red acrylic paint through a stencil and extra splashed around the stencilled numbers.

Under my photo I layered up lots of patterned papers with foam in between to add a little height. I distressed the edges for more texture and cut out a calendar and typewriter to use as embellishments.


Amongst the papers I stapled in the ribbon and across the top of the page to really show it off in detail. I added stickers and sequins around the photo cluster and calendar and circled the date and wrote the year in red pen. To brighten the background and tie in the ribbon I added white ink splashes over the top.

You can check out the process video of how I created the layout here.

Thanks for joining me and have a Happy Crafty Day :)

Sarah
ManxyCatCrafts

1 comment:

Wendy L said...

What a super layout and perfect ribbon for it, xxx