Monday 17 March 2014

*ATCHOO*


Bless you!

Laura here today showing you a make with the new owl ribbons.  They are lovely - happy, colourful and cute.  I wanted to make something that I could use a long length of the ribbon to really show it off - I really didn't want to cut it up!!  So...


...here is a tissue box!

I took a regular tissue box and measured it, then with a sheet of 12x12 paper I made a sleeve to fit over the box.  I attached mine underneath - if you do this with repositionable glue you can simply take the sleeve off and stick on to a new box when the tissues run out.


I decorated the top with a strip of owl ribbon mounted on to some lilac paper.  Then, and I was really excited by this, I used rub ons to write bless you on to a flat button.  I didn't know rub ons worked on buttons, but they do and they are really effective!  I glued the button on with pin flair glue gel.


This is on display on Crafty Ribbons exhibition stand.  It's been to Glasgow and Olympia and I think it will go to the NEC too :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

cebelica said...

This is so cute. Love it! Hugs! xx

Crafty Ribbons said...

Hi Laura

Yes it is going to the NEC this week. It sits on our till table and has sold lots and lots of Owl ribbon. So much so we are going to have to go for a re-print!
Amazing creation.
Ali x