Monday 16 November 2015

Christmas Tree


Hi, Laura here today.  When I received the main feature range of Christmas ribbons - Christmas Charm - from Crafty Ribbons I was instantly in love with the colours.  Not the standard bright red, but a slightly darker shade and a few gorgeous greens.  I wasn't sure what I was going to make but this idea formed and grew...


I glued strips of ribbons on to calico and cut out two tree shapes.  I zig zag stitched the edges and sewed them together leaving a hole at the bottom.  I used some toy stuffing to give it a little body and placed it on a kitchen roll holder!  Yes, that's right... the stem and base is a kitchen roll older - it was the right size so why not?!


I finished the bottom edge with a couple of widths of lace, in scarlet and kiwi.

This tree is on display on the Crafty Ribbons exhibition stall.  If you'd like to make one you can free style the shape and get the supplies on the list below, or grab a kit to make a smaller hanging version.

Using:
Christmas Charm Bauble
Christmas Charm Baubles
Christmas Charm Badges
Christmas Charm Merry Christmas
Christmas Charm Winter Scene
Christmas Charm Charms
Christmas Charm Stamps
Christmas Charm Snowflakes
Lace in scarlet
Lace in kiwi


Thanks for stopping by today!
Laura

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and creative is your tree as always you are so talented in lots of crafty ways x