Tuesday 20 February 2018

Mix Media Notebook with Morlaix Cotton Lace and 3mm Satin Ribbon

Good Afternoon Everyone! 

Today I am sharing my notebook that I wanted to decorate and make special for myself to keep notes and ideas in. This is what I came up with . . .  



So I started wih a plain notebook! I forgot to take photos of the beginning (but that's the boring part!) 


I layered purple acrylic paint over gesso, then used some Distress Ink Sprays to create the colours, layering until I was happy with the results. I used the lovely Crafty Ribbons Morlaix White Cotten Lace and sprayed this with the pink ink to match the colours of my notebook.


I used a silk rose for my main flower and painted / sprayed this too. I played about with the layout of the overall frame and wooden sentiment. 


I decided on some of the mix media bits I wanted to use on my notebook and the perfect ribbon! I wanted a thin purple ribbon and chose the 3mm Satin Ribbon in Light Orchid.
 

I played around with the layout and created a small bow for my metal tag and used the ribbon to hold a mini "scroll" from the owl embellishment. 


I plan to use this notebook for jotting down my crafty ideas and inspiration! 

This design incorporates things I love like purples and pinks, roses, owls, sparkly bits, sequins and of course lace and ribbon!


Thanks for looking, 

Sarah B x

1 comment:

Wendy L said...

Looks fab, I love mixed media but not very good at it. xxx